Friday 12 August 2016

Day 95 - Closing In

After a few days of minimal chemistry practice, I decided to tackle last year's final exam paper in a real-life simulation in our library's silent zone.

Much like the way I practiced for this semester's midterm, last year's final, and last year's midterm, I recreate the actual mood of writing the exam.

The only difference this time was that I sipped on a White Mocha Latte as I made my attempt.

I finished the exam after exactly 60 minutes of the allotted 120 minutes. I attribute this speed to having been exposed to one or two questions from this paper beforehand - giving me an edge. In a real life scenario, I estimate that I would be 10-20 minutes slower.

When it's the real deal, you get nervous and your thinking gets spazzy. That's why I never take any caffeine before any kind of assessment. I'm not sure if I'm going to deprive myself of sleep in this final. The past three examinations have been on 4 hours of sleep, and I've seen good results. Maybe I'm leaving marks on the table by depriving myself? Only one way to find out. Let's hope I can get a good night's rest this Tuesday night.

As for the grade, I think I scored close to 100% on last year's final. There were one or two very minor mistakes. I'm hoping this year's final is similar in difficulty. Also, and to be honest, I knew the answers to one or two questions before-hand, since my sneak-peak at the document also included its answers. So maybe reduce that 100% to 90%. Still impressive though.

It's hard to say how I'm going to prepare in the next coming days. I think I'm going to practice some protection chemistry, maybe take a look at the Birch reduction just incase, and I'm not sure what else... I can't say I know everything, but its beginning to feel like it. Not bad.

Today's Tune: Rels Beats - Mecano (Hip Hop Instrumental)

No comments:

Post a Comment