Sunday 19 June 2016

Day 43 - War

With 9 hours remaining before the midterm, the next few hours are crucial.

I've done all the review possible, up to this point. Lecture slides, problem sets, the past midterm, and lots of reading outside of class material. I'm in bed now and I'm going to do two more problem sets to finally gauge where my preparation lies.

If tomorrow I don't get the gut feeling that I can do well, then I'm going to postpone the test another two weeks and study more. I'm aiming for 6 hours of sleep - for some reason, my midterm and final exam last year were written on four-five hours of sleep and I did pretty good.

You can study your face off, but if you can't "see" the solution to a problem, then you're screwed regardless - that's the only problem with our professor's exams. You really need, what my friend calls, "Tunnel Vision".

Alas, good luck to everyone writing tomorrow, and may the best chemist.. survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment